Pork chops are my ideal weeknight dinner. so, when I posted mild colorful and flavor packed pork chops curry with one of my easy spice mixes, it was an instant hit. I received so many requests to share this recipe so here I am writing up my easy pork chops curry recipe for fall weeknights.
Why I like pork chops in curry
Coriander pork chops curry
- 1 Sauté pan with lid Stainless steel, clay, ceramic
- 2 lb. bone in pork cubed 2 bone in pork chops cubed
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp Sri Lankan black curry powder
- 1 tsp dark chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- ½ finely diced red or white onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 inches piece of ginger
- 1 inch stalk of lemongrass
- 3 celery stalks finely chopped
- 10 curry leaves
- 3 whole green chilies
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Rinse and cube pork chops
- Make curry powder by grinding coriander, cumin, turmeric, fennel, mustard seeds, black pepper, Sri Lankan black curry powder, salt, and red chili pepper.
- Add soy sauce, curry powder, vinegar to pork and rub to coat the spices well with meat
- Finely dice onion and celery set aside
- Crush ginger and garlic, with the back of the knife dice them finely.
- Heat the sauté pan on medium and add 2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Add onions, celery, ginger, and garlic , cook them on medium low until onions and celery become soft
- Turn the heat up and add pork and let the meat seer in the pan for the first 5 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally
- Crack open the cardamom pods and place them on top of the meat with lemongrass, curry leaves and green chilies
- Add water and close the lid bring everything to boil. Turn the heat down and let the meat cook through on simmer. I like my pieces of pork to be still on the firm side when the curry is done. (for additional 25 minutes). Add little more water if needed.
- Once the pork is cooked through add a cup of thick coconut milk stirring through to combine. cook until coconut cream comes to a simmer and oil starts to separate.
- Serve hot over steaming white rice and a salad.
Coriander pork curry, however, is perfect for making curry when you really in need of mildly spicy, fragrant and decedent curry recipe. I used bone in pork chops here with lot of fat for maximum flavor and silky curry sauce. This is a curry you can add more vegetables like carrots, celery, and potatoes along with pork chops if you choose to make a one pot stew.