Pork chops are my ideal weeknight dinner. So, when I posted mild colorful and flavor packed pork chops curry on my social media it was an instant hit. I received so many requests to share this recipe so here I am writing up my easy pork chops curry recipe for fall weeknights.
Why do I like this pork chops curry so much?
This pork chops curry, however, is perfect for making curry when you really need a mildly spicy, fragrant curry recipe that you can make in minutes. Also, this is a curry you can add vegetables like carrots, celery, and potatoes along with pork chops if you choose to convert into a soup or stew.
Coriander pork chops curry
- 1 Sauté pan with lid Stainless steel, clay, ceramic
- 2 lb. bone in pork cubed 2 bone in pork chops cubed
- 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Sri Lankan black curry powder
- 1 tsp Red curry powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- ½ finely diced red or white onion
- 2 inches piece of ginger
- 1 inch stalk of lemongrass
- 10 curry leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 3 whole green chilies
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Rinse and cube pork chops
- Make curry paste by grinding curry powder, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, curry leaves, salt, and green chili.
- Add soy sauce, curry paste, vinegar to pork and rub to coat the spices well with meat
- Finely dice onion and celery set aside.
- Heat the sauté pan on medium and add 2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Add onions, carrot and celery, ginger, and garlic, cook them on medium low until soft
- Turn the heat up and add pork and let the meat seer in the pan for the first 5 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add water and bring everything to boil. Turn the heat down and let the meat simmer for 35 minutes until soft.
- Once the pork is cooked, add a cup of thick coconut milk stirring through to combine. cook until coconut cream comes to a simmer and oil starts to separate.
- Serve hot over steaming white rice and salad.